What would you have done? So say it's been months since...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by dewey, Jul 2, 2011.

1. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    ...you've been out, anywhere, really...and after suggesting dinner out (at a cheapo but decent food establishment) just to get to out for a bit, S.O. hemhaws around about too hard to do type of stuff, then says it's amazing the distance you wanna drive just to get something to eat. It was a 15-20 min drive, max, all on my dime, lol. Oh, you know there's gotta be lots of backstory, as is true of most things, lol, but what would you have done? Said ok, cool, maybe another time 6 months from now [​IMG], or ran to the store for supper fixins for later, or ??? [​IMG]

2. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Quote:I would have told him that if he wanted to fix dinner I would have been more than happy to eat whatever he made, otherwise he could cram it and come along. After all, it was free for him, right?

3. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    My SO rarely complains when I ask him if he wants to go out to eat, ESPECIALLY if the tab's on me!

4. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Quote:I would have told him that if he wanted to fix dinner I would have been more than happy to eat whatever he made, otherwise he could cram it and come along. After all, it was free for him, right?

ROFL. Yep, right.

5. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    ...and I'd just bought him some new clothes (the style he likes) on my lunch break as a little surprise since he'd been saying he'd like some new duds.

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    And did he thank you for the clothes?

7. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    He did say thanks for the clothes.

8. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I'd say, "Hey, I'm going out to eat, I'd love for you to go, how about it?" Then go, with or without him!

9. Iowa Roo Mom

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Men... You know sometimes I just want to pop mine upside the head... but then I remember all the sweet things he does for me and all the little reasons I love him.

You have to give him a break, after all, he IS male.... Scientists are still trying to unlock the mystery of the male mind. [​IMG]

10. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Yeah, after he made that comment and the whole not worth the effort/too hard to do thing, he knew it was not quite the right thing to say, lol. So after I got off a few hours later, I asked him what he'd like me to bring him back to eat...he said anything was good, so I took myself out to dinner (gone almost 2 hours) and had a lovely time, and brought him back one of favorite pasta dishes with lots of extra yummy fresh baked bread sticks that he loves...only to come home to my house to find him passed out cold. I tossed his dinner in the trash. Dang, I shoulda saved it for the chickens. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by