What would you pay for this ?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by patimekiller, Jun 17, 2010.

1. patimekiller

patimekiller Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2010
    Nw pennsylvania
    Every thing is in working condition. Motor works ect. Needs new fingers it is a Ashley machine chicken plucker model 15 it has a 120/240v 1 hp motor. Stainless steel body galvanized frame work.
    [​IMG]
    some of the shrouding is off in pic also motor is off so we could carry it. I am not looking to sell it yet I just got it to see how it works. May sell it some day.

2. patimekiller

Jun 5, 2010
    Nw pennsylvania
    No one can help me out:(

3. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    Looks like it needs some new fingers. That is the first thing I would consider. They run about $.75 each. I would give no more than $250. If you can afford it and are able, I would suggest building a whizbang. I have used one just like the one your considering. It took off the majoriity of the feathers, but left the pins. Whizbang is also much faster.

4. JohnL11935

JohnL11935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Whizbang is also relatively hands free and can do three birds at a time. With my limited crew available on processing days this is valuable to me.

As far as what would I pay? Tough question. To me prices reflect what one person is willing to give up (usually money) in exchange for a good or service. Sorry, but I wouldn't pay anything for it as I don't want one. You could show me a new machine on a web site with a price tag of $1,000 and tell me I could buy this one for $50. Wouldn't matter.

OK, I'm rambling so I'll stop. [​IMG]

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    With just some very minor repairs it will make a great plucker and it's nice to see it had gotten some good use. As far as the price only meat bird flock owners who raise several large flocks per yr would be interested in such a great machine, so with the growing trend of most folks having just a few pet Foo-Foo chickens with cute little names and aprons & Barbie doll coop's, the demand may not be what you hope. I would personally give 2-$300.00 for it and use the fire out it a 4 times a year and love it.

AL

6. patimekiller

Jun 5, 2010
    Nw pennsylvania
    Well I got it and a cleaning table with 3 faucets for cleaning birds it hooks up to a garden hose and is also stainless.
    Both for 75.00 I priced something comparable online and it was
    like 3000-6000 bucks. I have 103 cx rocks to butcher in 4 weeks. I started getting wizbang plans but when I was down at the local hardwear store I was asking if they could get bigger pullys. They said for what and I told em a plucker. And he said how would you like to buy one. And that's where the story goes. I was starting to get parts for a wizbang and found this When I get this fixed up if I don't like it I can get my money back out of it for sure and who ever buys it would be getting a deal also.

I was just looking for how much in your opinion it's worth. Thanks to all

7. Me & My Peeps

Me & My Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Western MA
    I agree that your better off building a whizbang. Sinks and the rest can be obtained of of craigslist for next to nothing. I have never used a whizbang but, I have learned to listen to those with more experience here on thee forum. Therefore, I am slowly putting the parts together for one.

8. mike67909

mike67909 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    Pinckney, Michigan
    I think you got a great deal! Beats hand plucking any day. I just use a homemade plucker for the end of my drill right now, even that beats hand plucking. I would have paid $200 for the one you got. I will probably start building a whizbang this winter.

9. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    You did good if you got that and a table for $75. It will cost you a little bit to put new fingers on it, but still cheaper than a WB.

Here is the cheapest place I could find fingers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/150-Poultry-Plu...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439f6dee34

This guy buys large quantities of them and then sells them. Highly recommned him. These are what I used on my WB, and they do a good job.

The price he has on it right now is cheaper than I got mine for, that is a great deal!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by