What wrong with my chick? She hops on 1 leg (video)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BloominOrchid, Aug 28, 2010.

1. BloominOrchid

BloominOrchid Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Worcester Township
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZeqVlW3fKo
    I
    dont know whats wrong with her [​IMG]
    She eats & poops fine. She plays with the other chicks. I got her from MPC about 3 weeks ago and she started to limp the second day I had her. She is on wood chips with the other chicks. nI tried to separate them but they both find ways back to each other either the group comes to her, or her to them [​IMG]
    So I have let them be. Im not sure if its splayed leg or not? [​IMG]
    can you take a min to look at the video and watch her hop? Shes a banti so a few of the chicks in the video are larger but she is the same size as the other banties. You can see the hop best at the end of the video. Sorry for the quality & sound (turn it down) wind & neighbor weed whacking.
    Thanks in advance!

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Perhaps check her feathers on her foot. If one has snapped of or become ingrown or infected it might need to be yanked out to relieve the pressure. Other than that, perhaps a sprain or a puncture?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  3. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    She could have a tiny splinter. You are going to have to check her foot over very carefully maybe even cut off the foot feathers so you can see better. (Don't worry they'll grow back in a few weeks).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by