What you cooking for Easter dinner today?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shay20, Apr 12, 2009.

1. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Good Morning to everyone here on BYC!!!! HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!!!

Ok So We should let everyone know what is for Lunch, Dinner, Ohhh and lets not forget about Desert!!!
    [​IMG] no its not popcorn hehehe

I put in a nice 11 pound Ham this morning at 6:30 am. [​IMG]

On top of the Ham is pineapples and cherries, ( ahhh ok now im hungry). [​IMG] ok let me not get off the subject. And the seasoning (ammmmmm )are you ready for this? [​IMG]
    Brown sugar, cherry juice, pineapple juice, and ground cloves and grape jelly.
    I inject the thicker juice into the ham, and watered down some of the mixture with water and filled the bottom of the pan.
    And the pan is filled with potatoes and carrots. [​IMG]

And then everyone loves my brown sugared potatoes , so this year I decide to an extra pot of brown sugared potatoes on the stove.

And desert is a Lemon Meringue Pie, with different types of crackers and more ham hehehe. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    ham and lamb-fresh lamb--I wont eat it but others will-the lamb that is...sweet pop casserole-mashed taters...lots of other goodies-guacamole/chips fruit and veggie trays-deviled eggs of course-cheese and meat platters..phew..and more!! Easter eg hunt first thn easter basket opening! I get very lucky--My BIL takes all his neices and nephews to "camp" every year over night-so the parents ( moms) get a chance to relax in the Easter morning to pak baskets and get ready for the dinner=what we dont tell him is that its all done and we have a good night before with a very quiet Easter moring--then we look pooped when they arrive from camp after a big breakfast! Love him...

3. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    That sound fun, we usally doe baskets and easter egg hunt every year for your nieces and nephews, but they are all older now, i wish we can still do that today but oh well. Have fun!!! [​IMG]

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    this is the 5th year the ages are girls first 15-13-12-11 boys=8-6---good luck dont know how much longer it will last but they do fun stuff-color eggs-cook bread over a fire...build things-eat crap up the wazoo-and prety much just have fun!

5. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I am making duck with veggies. Not to much
    LOL that's all

6. breconbcs

breconbcs Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm cooking up a pork tenderloin for dinner since I'm heading to visit with my sister most of the day and have some quality sister time out in her flowerbeds. [​IMG]

7. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Im also going over to my father-inlaw for lunch. This is the first year that my mother-inlaw is not with us, She past about a month ago. So everyone is going to have a lunch with him.

I made Pastaleos to bring over there, He is makeing a bunch of food but i forget the names of some of them. And I better not forget to bring him some of my ham and potatoes, he loves them.

8. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    i am making a 20 pound ham with a rum brown sugar glaze, twice baked potato casserole, homemade rolls, broccoli/cauliflower with cheese sauce, easter basket cake, and a blueberry cheesecake.
    too bad the only person besides us that will be here will be my husbands friend! [​IMG]

9. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    Quote:[​IMG] im so sorry!!

10. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    We had to really keep it under $20.00 this year. I bought a small ham. We'll have some mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, and a pumpkin pie. Happy Easter Everyone![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by