What young adults think is right.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickened, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
  2. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been hearing about this Tebowing stuff lately. I don't really get it. I thought he was praying...? Why are kids emulating that if they don't know why he's doing it to begin with?

3. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    Never heard of it looks kinda dumb. [​IMG]

4. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    It is all very weird to me - I am an old person I don't get this stuff at all????
    In my day there was no room for this sort of carry on!!!
    You got a good thick ear for messing about then marched home to get the other ear wholloped by the parents! [​IMG] Soon put a stop to it!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oesdog

5. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh no!!! Surely not prayer in schools. What a horrible idea! Heaven forbid that someone should be offended. Ranks right up there with teaching sex education and teaching evolution. [​IMG]

6. dfr1973

dfr1973 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2011
    rural central FL
    Quote:As long as there are pop quizzes and math tests in schools, there will be some form of prayer in schools. Might not be your specific form, but it's a personal thing anyway.

7. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I'm hoping that's not the real reason they were suspended....

But I wonder if the boys realize that that's what Tebow is doing. Praying.

8. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    They were suspended because they are blocking the hallways when they do this. Two of them had already been told to not block the hallways. BTW I think they are just mocking the gesture and not praying.

9. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    agreed. The kids weren't doing it as prayer, unless you count homage to Tebow as a religion?
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/li_tebow_taunters_o2qRP4jvTksWW1XIy1eMqI
    is another article about it. And the boy who said it said it was a moment of silence in honor of Tebow.
    ------------------
    “It was basically just a tribute to Tim Tebow,” Carroll Connor, 17, who planned the prank with his brother and friends, told The Post.
    “It was more than a religious thing. There was some of that involved obviously, because he prays. I guess it was basically like a moment of silence

----------------------

They also chose to do it in a crowded hallway between classes and created a jam. Even though they had been warned before not to block up the hallways. Though, in my opinion, kids that old shouldn't need to be warned not to block the hallways.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7357978/high-school-athletes-suspended-tebowing is an interview with one of the students.

The boys in several different interviews say that it was a tribute to Tebow. So, no, it wasn't a discrimination against religion.

10. swift4me

swift4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    in the Pyrenees
    I don't know why the original poster thought this was such a good thing, but I only have one question..... who or what is Tebow?

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by