What'd she mean?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by joebryant, Sep 20, 2010.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

The housecleaning crew are here, and my wife asked me what I use to clean my tub/shower/shower doors. HUH?

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Tell her you use Clorox!

3. joebryant

Quote:I said, "Clorox," and she just stood there and stared at me. HUH?
    ETA So did the head cleaning lady.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Maybe telling her to use the toliet brush to scrub the walls would raise a few eyebrows LOL![​IMG]

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Assuming that the question is serious, reasonable answers are comet or ajax or lysol bathroom cleaner; or fantastic or 409 all purpose cleaner. You could simply use dishwashing or other soap and some sort of scrubbing tool such as a scrub brush or a sponge with a scrubbing side. I've even used toilet bowl cleaner on both the tub and floor when I wanted a deep and bleached clean.

6. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    [​IMG] Just tell her the truth - you don't!

7. newchickgal

newchickgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Republic of Panama
    Quote:Please don't use comet or ajax type of cleansers. They will pit the porcelain which then is a good place for bacteria to grow. Put in some vinegar and let it set overnight, that helps with the ring. For a regular cleaning use 409 and a toilet brush.

8. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Quote:x2 [​IMG]

9. joebryant

Quote:x2 [​IMG]

Those two figured it out for themselves, forgot about me, and the cleaners went about doing it like they should have done in the first place. I ain't no janitor! Geesh!
    I always run the shower water on everything in there. What's a little dry soap on everything going to hurt.

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You mean you're supposed to clean the shower stall? It only gets hit with soap and water. Yeah, O. K. a very little dirt.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by