Whats a better excuse to order more chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lswatson111304, Dec 19, 2011.

1. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    than to be nursing a sick chick back (hopefully) to health? I dunno...but i Just ordered more chicks! LOL Not that I needed them, but after a disastrous attempt at hatching eggs, and ending up with one VERY sick chicky, I called ideal today and placed an order for few babies. I did good, I only ordered 4 of the feather legged bantams assortment. I love that ideal is local so I don't have to pay tons for shipping and minimums! These will be my first ideal birds. I sure hope I get some cuties! Can't wait! I pick them up Wednesday. I'm hoping my baby will be doing much better by then and can play along with them!

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    I ordered chicks because my hatch didn't go so well. [​IMG]

3. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    I got some really nice Cochins and Cornish bantams in that assortment when I ordered. The four I took to the fair won enough prize money to pay for ordering the 25 I got AND raising them for 5 months. I hope you get some really pretty ones too!

4. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Quote:You need no excuse to get more chicks... Use the excuse of too many chicks to get another coop built..... It is in the chicken math manual I think....

5. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    The excuse is "CHICKEN MATH"

6. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    Quote:You need no excuse to get more chicks... Use the excuse of too many chicks to get another coop built..... It is in the chicken math manual I think....

Ahhh the Chicken Math Manual, I think I need a copy to give to DH in his stocking!

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have had good luck with all of the chicks I have ordered from Ideal.

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Excuse? I don't need no stinkin' excuse! My finger just accidentally hits the "order" button.

9. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Any excuse should be okay, after all it is Christmas right? And it makes YOU happy.

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    The only chicks my DH and I agreed on getting was our first 6 pullets. Now we have over 200 birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by