What's a good hatching book guide?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Smitty's Farm, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Besides BYC and hands on experience what books would you experienced hatcher recommend? I have several Chicken guide books that go over the basics, but want one that has a little more detail on just hatching details.

Thanks,
    Kim

2. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm not sure about one that only covers hatching, but Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens is pretty thorough with their incubation and hatching chapters.

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    See the sticky, hatching egg care guide. I put some links on the 4th post that are very informative for incubating & hatching.

Jody

4. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Quote:Thanks! I actually have Storey's guide to Raising Poultry by Leonard S. Mercia. It is very helpful. Just wanted to see what other people like to use for references. I'll have to take another look at it. it's been a while since I've read it. Thanks again!

Kim

5. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Quote:Oh yes Jody, those links are very helpful. I'm so glad you put them with the sticky. I have also read those. I need to print that info out, but never did. BYC has a lot of great info and I use the search regularly, but just wanted to see what books people favor most if they use any as guides.

Thank you so much! [​IMG]

Kim

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    You're welcome. A Guide to Better Hatching by Stromberg is another nice little book on hatching.

Jody

7. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Quote:Thank You! [​IMG]

I'll check it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by