Whats a good price?

I would advise looking around your area and seeing what other people and the markets are selling them for.

I know big cities like DC command much higher prices than local farm communities.

I live in a very small populated area in Oklahoma,the closest town is a ghost town..Anybody that lives in an area like this know what a good price would be?1.75/doz 2.00/doz?

--------Edited---
THANKS, sorry i posted before i read your post

Last edited:
Around here your lucky to get $2.00/doz. Most free range eggs are going around $1.50/doz here. It depends on how much the person wants to pay. Look around and see what the price for eggs are in your area.

I live in a rural community just North of Nashville. Here they sell for about $2-$2.50/dozen if they are organic free range. I think our prices are a little higher because we are only 10 miles out of Nashville, and what doesn't sell on the farm can easily be sold at the Farmers market in town. Free Range from non-organic chickens are about $1.50/dozen.

I'd recommend going on Craigslist and searching under farm/garden for sale at your nearest larger town. That will give you an idea...

Last edited:
Hello Fellow Okie. Where do yo live? What Ghost town?I am near Choctaw just East of OKC. Seems eggs out here go from $1.50 to $2.00 per dozen. In Midwest City and OKC they probably go a little higher. Knowledgable customers are willing to pay more but most city folks nowadays don't know difference and just buy whatever the store has on its shelf. We need to educate the ignorant.
I need to check out some farmers markets and see what they are bringing.
Monty

Well by ghost town i mean towns that are no longer in service.I wont say exactly were i live (it is the internet ya know),but over toward the chandler area.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom