What's A Good Price?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by k2chickens, Apr 28, 2009.

1. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    I was wondering what a good price for a dozen large brown eggs was to sell locally? I know price ranges in different states change but I live in Indiana and an average price for regular ol' eggs here at our local wal-mart is about $2.00. Just want everyone's opinions so I know a fair price?[​IMG]

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Everyone I see is selling them for $2.00 or $2.50 a dozen.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I sell mine according to what the sell at the store, currently $2 - my price is always less

4. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I'm getting $5 for 18 eggs! [​IMG]

5. k2chickens

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG] That is awesome! I know people around here said they would pay $3.50 - $4.00 for a dozen large brown eggs. But $5.00 is an [​IMG] worthy! Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

6. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in California in the SF Bay Area. People will pay that here! Yay for me! The egg lady at our local farmer's market charges $5.00 for a dozen. My one lone egg customer agreed to $4 per dozen or $5 for 18.

7. k2chickens

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Yea I was thinking I could get away with charging at least $3.00 if I purchased cartoons and sold them at our fruit stand.

8. SophieLain127

SophieLain127 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    check to see what people are selling them for on craigslist. I'm in your neighboring state to the east and Columbus ohio is selling them for $1-$1.50 a dozen.

9. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    I saw a guy at the farmers market selling eggs for $3. His sign said "free range" and "Omega 3". I questioned him and he said he has 500 hens. Thatsa lotta hens.

10. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I sell mine $2 a dozen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by