What's best for diarrhea?

Henriettamom919

Crowing
May 1, 2019
North of Seattle
On hot days I sometimes put some frozen berries in water and set it out for my girls to go bobbing for. It's a cool treat, occupies their attention and they like drinking the water afterward.

Well, normally I hang out and watch but was pulled away and when I came back my Buff Orp was the only one nibbling at the fruit. I suspect I didn't let them thaw long enough and the other two got sick of pulling out rock hard fruit. Henrietta is far more patient and ate it up.

Now she has diarrhea that literally looks like splattered blackberries :(

I gave her some electrolyte solution for hens but was wondering what else I could add to firm up her poo? Rice? Oats? Is one better than another? She'll be getting her evening feed of scratch and peck in about an hour.

I would give her the usual feed. Oats are not good for them unless an ingredient in their feed. She should clear up in a day or so when the berries get out of her system. Cottage cheese or a little cooked rice may help firm the droppings, but she will probably get back to normal by just removing the cause of her diarrhea.

I would give her the usual feed. Oats are not good for them unless an ingredient in their feed. She should clear up in a day or so when the berries get out of her system. Cottage cheese or a little cooked rice may help firm the droppings, but she will probably get back to normal by just removing the cause of her diarrhea.

Thank you! I gave her a little rice because I had some leftover from dinner anyways. These are my first girls and I am still learning aka overreacting to every malady :lol:

Back
Top Bottom