1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

What's Best For My Chicks?? Please Advise

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickie<3, Aug 10, 2010.

1. chickie<3

chickie<3 Chirping

Jul 6, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    So here it goes..10 weeks ago i got 5 day old chicks...i kept 2 and gave 3 to my dad after 5 weeks in the brooder...NOW I ordered 5 more day old chicks and they arrived today..OMG..they r cute...the plan is to give my dad 2 and i will keep 3 giving us 5 each. Should I give my dad his 2 now to raise in the brooder until they r ready to go in the coop with the others or do i keep all 5 chicks and seperate them when they r ready for the coop..or do i give him all the chicks and take his 3 10 week old pullets and reunite them with their original brooder buddies...My concern is that the 10 week olds were here for 5 weeks then we took them out of their enviroment and brought them to my dad's..and now after being there for 5 weeks and loving it and getting used to their new enviroment and loving their luxury coop..do i displace them again and bring them back here..UGH!!!...or do i just keep everything the way it is and give him his 2 chicks and they will get used to being there and everyone will be happy?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010

2. BackToMyRoots

BackToMyRoots Chirping

Jun 29, 2010
    Matthews, NC
    Hmmm. From what I've seen in this thread, it should be fine to move them whenever is most convenient for you as long as no chick is either left alone or put in with much older chicks. I'm new, though, so there might be some other issue I'm not seeing in this scenario. Congratulations on your growing flock, by the way! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by