What's cooking, Chicken? You're cooking Chicken!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by miss_jayne, Feb 25, 2009.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    so, today a lovely pot of chicken soup chickensnatcher (Elizabeth) who has a rumbly tummy and a stuffy nose.

it smells heavenly in my house.

whatcha cooking at your place?

2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    I have a small beef roast cooking,i will shred it when its done.Then make home made egg noodles to put in with the shredded beef and stock..I call it beefy noodles.I add a little corn starch if it doesnt thicken up.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:um.....pd, that is a recipe to share, hon! if you can, let us in on your secret, because that sounds delish! [​IMG]

4. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Chicken breasts with cream sauce and mushrooms over rice with broccoli and a little french bread![​IMG]

5. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Quote:um.....pd, that is a recipe to share, hon! if you can, let us in on your secret, because that sounds delish! [​IMG]

ok ill try and write it down later.Its a great meal strecher I do same thing with chicken. so I can write both down if you want...

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:if we bring our own forks, are we all invited? [​IMG]

Quote:yes please and thank you! meal stretchers are so useful!

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I have a recipe I kinda made up that is DELISH! Take about a 1/4 stick of butter and saute an onion in it until it's transparent, In a BIG crockpot, dump in a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken, whatever you have, then add the sauteed onions and stir it up. Next, throw in some pork chops, turn on high and cook until they fall apart, about 4 hours. Now this will be THICK when you startm DO NOT add any liquid, when it all starts to cook it will thin out, just keep poking the pork chops down in the juice. This is really good, and you can use the gravy it makes over masher taters, or rice. If you put like 14 pork chops in like I do, just add another can of soup.

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yum! we have so many talented people here at BYC, don't we?
    so nice to share home helps, so we can step out of the 'safe zone' with our meals!

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I have a 3 year old that only eats cheese and peanut butter crackers and even SHE will eat the pork chop's LOL!!!

10. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    We are using up the food in the freezer before we move. Today's brunch is french toast, bacon and hashbrowns.

Then a pot of chili made with cubed pork chops (got a good sale a couple months ago) with cornbread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by