What's everyone doing for Halloween??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by spacecowgirl, Oct 24, 2011.

1. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    What are you ( or your kids ) dressing up as, what are your plans, etc? Also, what has been your best or most creative costume? I made an Edward Scissorhands costume for my son one year that blew the socks off of everyone who saw it! He looked just like him. I'm afraid I'll never be able to top that, though.

This year I'm going as Harley Quinn ( the evil jester chick that is the Joker's side-kick in the Batman cartoon ), my 14 year old son is going as Old Gregg ( that's been fun and difficult to put together, but he insisted and we enjoy putting costumes together ), my husband is going as the Joker in full nurse uniform ( Heath Ledger style, when he blew up the hospital )...One of our friends is going as Frank the Bunny from "Donny Darko", and another is going as Riff-Raff from Rocky Horror Picture Show..

We always have a big cul-de-sac party, with a "chop shop" in our neighbor's garage, with lots of blood and gory props and a film projector showing a scary movie on his garage doors, ( visable from the street so it can't be too bad due to trick-or-treater's tender eyes ), a fire, lots of food and drinks ( kid-friendly and also Very adult ) and lots of crazy costumes!! It's always a big turn-out ( atleast 50 or 60 people ) and I think this year will be better than ever!!

What are you guys doing?? I'd like to hear some creative stuff from you guys! [​IMG]

2. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    I'm doing.....absolutely nothing.

[​IMG]

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    We live in the country and our DD is 17 so we don't get many TTer's and kid's don't come around, it's sad to say we won't be doing much but maybe watching some scary movies which the DW loves LOl, even the corny ones.

4. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    ***CHICKEN HUMOR*** I'm going to "EGG" someones house! lol. I'm actually dressing up as something... just hasn't hit on what to be yet...

5. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    I don't do Anything but Hide from the creepy Kids With Ski mask [​IMG]

6. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Turning porch light off, pullling shades, same as every year lol.

7. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    With a few thousand dollars worth of costumes and props,
    would you believe my daughter needed a new costume for
    trick-or-treat Thursday?

Me, I'll be right behind her and her friends....I go where they go.

8. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    I'll be glued to the incubator, my first hatch of chicks from my BR's is due that day!

We're in the country, in 7 years we've never had any trick-or-treater's, even though we always make sure we have candy. Maybe this year. ~sigh~

9. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    We have had two grandbabies this year and the oldest's (8 mo old) mom made her costume - she is a rainbow...

[​IMG]

10. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    Oh but the funniest one we saw was at the mall one year. The guy who runs the candy store was dressed up as an egg with the yolk exposed and had horns on his head...he was a 'deviled egg'.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by