What's for dinner tonight?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Shag, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Shag

Shag Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2009
    NC
    Homemade macaroni and cheese with bacon here. I boiled some elbow macaroni in water and a little bacon grease to keep it from sticking together. I fried up about 1 1/2 pounds of bacon and drained it, then crumbled it all up. I diced up an onion and sauteed it in some of the leftover bacon grease and then added the crumbled bacon back to the onions. I poured in about a pint of heavy whipping cream and then melted in 1/2 brick of Velveeta cheese. Drained the macaroni and then added it to the cheese/cream/onion/bacon mixture. Buttered a baking pan and dumped the whole mix into it. Baked it at 350 for 1/2 hour, then added about a 2/3 pound of grated cheddar cheese to the top and broiled it on high about 5 minutes until the cheese started to brown. MMMM... Now *that* is macaroni and cheese. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I do not have a pic of it. But, I will be having cheese ravioli and garlic bread. [​IMG]

3. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

That looks like my kind of cookin'! I will say, you might need the number of the nearest heart doc, though!!LOL! But in my opinion, if it isn't fattening, what's the point of eating it?

4. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Looks Wonderful!!!

5. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    HOLY CRAP that sound GOOD I am going to go make that EXACT SAME THING FOR LUNCH!!!!! OOOOHHH I cant wait!!!! thanks for the idea !!! only thing I dont have on hand is the cream I hope milk will work cause that is what I am using!

6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Shag, you're in Fuquay, right? I'm on my way over... be there in about 20 minutes. [​IMG]

7. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    we had lasagana

8. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
  9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Looks WONDERFUL! Put me in the middle and I'll eat my way out! [​IMG]

Glad to see I'm not the only one channeling Paula Deen! [​IMG]

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] you made dinner already - I'm still deciding what to make........ [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by