Whats for DINNER...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by silkiebeginer, Aug 15, 2007.

1. silkiebeginer

silkiebeginer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    My husband has had chicken wings 2 nights in a row,lol. Store bought not my little babies. My 6 year old LOVES baked ham, which usually only gets fixed here at Christmas and Thanksgiving. I decided i would make him one today. Even though it is in the 90's and i will have to bake it 2 hours. I like ham but i only really like it about those times a year. But since the poor thing has lost about 5 teeth in the last month and started first grade, he deserves it. Although i joke he don't have enough teeth left to eat it.
    So it will be:
    Baked Cumberlnd Gap Ham
    Mashed Potatos
    Green Beans
    Mustard Greens and
    Rolls
    Maybe some green onions on th side.

Jennifer

2. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    The food thing again .... I was thinking of baking a chicken since it has finally cooled down here! We are only supposed to have a high of 78! So we will have baked chicken, mashed potatoes, and greenbeans from the garden. I also have a canteloupe from the garden for dessert!

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I made spaghetti sauce for the first time, so we will have that for dinner and see if the kids like it. If not, then they get to help me make the next batch... And if they like it they get to help me make the next batch!

It is NOT cooler here, so we're having stuff on the grill or stovetop stuff for the rest of the week. Grilled cheese tomorrow, pork chops on the grill Fri, fish Sat, and a roast in the crock pot on Sunday. Got the whole week planned. Veggies from the garden or farmer's market for sides.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  4. Forest_Nymph

Forest_Nymph Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Maine
    Haddock and scallop casserole. Easy recipe and quick!

EMMM EMMM GOOD!

Chickens staying in the backyard and being just pretty and not dinner. LOL

5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Heat is cranking up again here. Suppose to be record highs again from now thru the rest of the week.

Steak on the grill, twice baked taters in the nuker, corn off the cob and sliced 'maters.

6. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:YOU cant just throw a name out there, what is cumberland gap ham? if its a regionl specialty we all want the secret [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  7. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Hey you should have just put this on my thread about dinner. I was going strong with that thread. About 11 pages I think. [​IMG]

8. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Cumberland Gap Falls are gorgeous, been there twice. Not that that explains the Ham???

9. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Now I have to look at two threads to find out what I'm missing

10. silkiebeginer

silkiebeginer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Cumberland Gap is near where I live,lol. So the ham is pretty fresh and very delicious. I live about 40 min. from the Cumberland Falls. I guess you would consider it regional, I am not sure how far out they ship. Its a big boneless ham. Throw on a little pineapple and honey mixture, bake 2 hours and dig in. Ya'll every heard of Grippo's? Its a kind of potato chip. people here can't live without them. I know you can't get them in the Northern states or west. maybe Ky, parts on TN and VA, W. VA.

Jennifer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by