What's for Easter dinner?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by TerriLaChicks, Apr 9, 2009.

1. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Having the traditional ham here. Deviled eggs, of course! potato salad, fresh asparagus steamed w/a little lemon & butter, rolls,
    and - fresh coconut cake, yum!

What are you having?

2. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    No one in our family is especially crazy about ham. I am feeding a big crowd this year, including two 275lb. BILs. We are having turkey AND leg of lamb, potatoes & gravy, roasted vegetables, greenbean casserole, rolls, devilled eggs, a cheese platter, red velvet cake and Jello. DH is doing the Jello. I have no use for Jello [​IMG] . It's for kids & DH will be our youngest diner (she's 15).
    My entertaining philosophy is to work like a madwoman until the guests arrive & then chill out! [​IMG]

3. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    Well, come Saturday it will be turkey Season here in Arkansas. I'm hoping that my dh or I will bring home a big ole gobbler to fry for Easter dinner. If not... we're probably doing a ham. Of course there will be deviled eggs! [​IMG]

4. Buckhorn Farm

Buckhorn Farm OLD Country Girl

Mar 30, 2009
    North Florida
    We are having a big family potluck...I'm cooking turkey, dressing, homemade mac and cheese, butterbeans, maetballs, homemade yeast bread, crackling cornbread, and banana pudding. my brother is bringing swamp cabbage yum yum [​IMG]

HAPPY EASTER

5. countrygirlatheart

countrygirlatheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Huffman Texas
    We're grilling chicken, sausage, burgers and friends and family are bringing everything else!! hopefully the rain will wait till after the egg hunt to start coming down [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. I have a copy paper box FULL TO THE TOP of easter eggs ready (and i have more coming) to hide for 8 kids [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. I like to wear the kids out!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Our tradition is to be non-traditional. We have a huge family Tex-Mex feast with enchiladas, tacos, Spanish rice, tamales, refried beans, etc. etc. etc. Everyone brings something and we all pig out. [​IMG]

7. foxyk91

foxyk91 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Groton, NY
    We are having Ham, Garlic mashed potatoes, Steamed asparagus, Corn, Deviled eggs, Rolls, A rabbit cake made with a spice cake & cream cheese frosting :)

8. Buckhorn Farm

Buckhorn Farm OLD Country Girl

Mar 30, 2009
    North Florida
    Quote:YUM that sounds great [​IMG]

9. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    Im fixin ham mashed potatoes green beans mac and cheese and strawberry short cake oh and rolls

10. HiDelight

HiDelight Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    I just returned from a trip to Florida and brought back some sour oranges and key limes ..we have Easter/Passover all in one day and I modified both and opted for Cuban food since I have all the stuff to make it!

so we are having

tostones (fried smashed plantains) with garlic and olive oil dipping sauce (mojo)

grilled game hens marinated in sour orange juice, garlic and olive oil with some oregano (mojo hens)

Cuban style rice

flattened grilled garlic bread (I will squish all the leavening out and pretend it is flat bread.. since matzo will not quite make it for the dinner and my friends are not Jewish and for us it is all symbolic anyway)

some kind of salad with the fresh greens I have

and fresh squeezed key lime pie for dessert (was going to make tres leches cake or flan but my friends requested the pie )

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by