1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's for supper?!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by McCord6, Nov 12, 2009.

1. I been CRAVING ITALIAN for DAYS now but haven't been able to get it! Finally today hubby is walking to the store to get some lasagna, salad stuff, and bread sticks! IM SO HAPPY! ABOUT TIME! [​IMG]

He said he is tired of hearing me whining and complaining that I want italian. He asked why can't I make some spagetti [​IMG]
    We have had tooo much of that!

I would love to make my own lasagna, I made them GOOD, but unfortunately I don't have the energy nor the time to make a whole batch. When I make lasgna, it's like 5 lbs worth and it takes both hubby and I to get it otu of the oven SAFELY! LOL!

So...what are you having for supper? Anything good?! I think next Im goign to want some SEA FOOD! but hubby hates sea food! OH WELL! [​IMG]

2. that_crazy_lady

that_crazy_lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Rose, OK
    potato soup sound good that this point. around here it's a 2 pot dish, cuz thats how much they eat [​IMG] I am feeding seven people and four of the are boys ages 13, 15, 18, 20 soo that says a lot. lol
    it will be rich and creamy, and mom got some good bread I could toast mmm. ok now I am hungery!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    leftovers.. [​IMG]
    It was good last night though..
    Shells with tomato sauce with meatballs and pepperoni mixed in..
    i layered it..
    shell/sauce mix, then i added a layer of feta cheese, parm cheese, mozz cheese...then added another layer of shells and sauce and a top layer of cheese again...
    came out yum!

4. Quote:I made that TONS of times before and it's a family favorite! We use sausage instead of pepperoni though, Italian sausage and no meat balls but it seems the same thing pretty much. When we have big family gatherings, someone or 2 is always bringing that dish!

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I made that TONS of times before and it's a family favorite! We use sausage instead of pepperoni though, Italian sausage and no meat balls but it seems the same thing pretty much. When we have big family gatherings, someone or 2 is always bringing that dish!

yup..its a great use for left over spaghetti sauce... [​IMG]

6. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    Spaghetti and meat sauce. I made a huge pot of sauce using tons of this years tomatoes. So now I have some to freeze as well! Yum yum. [​IMG]

7. I had 3, yes i mean THREE, bowls of lasagna and a bowl of salad and I gotta say IM STILL HUNGRY!
    That is very unusual for me. I can't even finish half a bowl of lasagna and even a whole bowl of salad but today I went overboard. Hubby is giving me a really dirty look and keeps asking me if Im feeling alright. NO! IM HUNGRY! [​IMG]

Everyone else is saying that htey are cold but Im feeling like Im burning up.
    No I don't feel sick, im just tired, hot, and HUNGRY.

Hope this doesn't mean anything baby-wise [​IMG]

8. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    I made a chicken pie-chicken pie-chicken pot piiiiiieeeeeeeeeee.[​IMG]

9. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    My 10 yr old son cooked tonight. (something he loves doing) Pork chops, gravy and rice. We of course supervised him, but he did the cooking. It was very good!

10. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Steak sandwich and greek salad. I also had a greek salad for lunch.

Just like McCord, if I like it, I will eat it & eat it! Only I am not preggers, don't have a good excuse! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by