1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's going on O_O

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chick1043, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    I went out to the coop tonight (just for fun) and my hen was outside in the run! That's soooo weird!!! It was completely dark out and she looked like she was eating! But she always hits the hay once its barely dark! Am I not feeding her enough or something? lol

2. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    Maby shes an night owl [​IMG] She might have gotten kicked out or something... I would just put her in the coop [​IMG]

3. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

Maby shes an night owl [​IMG] She might have gotten kicked out or something... I would just put her in the coop [​IMG]

lol I would but they have open access to outside! Because there are no predators in the area except VERY small hawks! Their run is attached to the coop :)

4. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    then I would let her do what ever. You are an good chicken owner so she can do so. [​IMG]

5. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    My chickens sometimes refuse to go into the coop because the wind has blown over a nettle which is lying scarily in the doorway. [​IMG]
    We only feed ours once and day because they free range, so I don't think it would be a food issue. [​IMG]

6. tulie13

tulie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    NW Florida
    Or there may be something IN the coop that has freaked her out - snake? rat?

7. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    i dunno about something being in the coop except for 10 other chickens! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by