What's happening to my chick?!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Rodriguesfamily5, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Rodriguesfamily5

Rodriguesfamily5 New Egg

Jul 2, 2011
    I got a chick a few weeks ago. She is a Rhode Island Red mixed with a Leghorn (the store called her a "Production Red"). She seemed fine and acted normal until now. She seems to be pooping this dark pink gooey stuff. It might be poop with blood in it but I don't think so. It looks almost like her organs! Yesterday a pink-ish tube that was a little over an inch long came out of her behind. When i looked again it was gone and there was a pile of the red gooey stuff! I don't know what is happening to her but I am very worried. However, she has been acting completely normal. I am going to call the store I bought her at and see if they know whats going on. Please help me find out whats happening to her and if I can help her! Thank you so much! [​IMG]

Additional Information:

Yes! I looked it up and she is shedding her intestinal lining! Thank you for the answer [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  2. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Could it be her intestinal lining? And how old is she? Is she displaying any other symptoms? Not eating, drinking, lethargic..etc?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by