What's In A Name?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Reyvaughn, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I don't think it fits anyplace else.

So, now that I have over 90 chickens and I have intentions off breeding and selling eating & hatching eggs and chicks in the next year... I have been pondering giving the farm a name. I at least want to be able to make labels for my egg cartons. My problem is, this is not my farm. I am not sure it's proper to name a farm that isn't yours and we know we are moving in the next year (not sure if we are buying to going to continue to rent, either). Unless it's okay to name the farm because we've made it a farm. It is my birds and other farm animals that make it a farm. The name would come with us when we move, as with most of the animals. So, how would I name our... "business", for a lack of a better word. I mean, I can't name it for the land we're on (Green Meadows, Pine Ridge, ect...). Would you think it's okay to name the "farm"? If I did name it, what would I name it?

I've been mulling this over for a couple of months and I just don't know.
    Help, please?

2. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Home is where the heart is....

Farm is where the eggs are... Go ahead and NAME THE FARM!!! [​IMG] And its totally okay to keep the name when you move.

3. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Quote:I kind of thought it fell in the same lines as "home is where your family is", too. But wasn't sure it that was appropriate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by