1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

whats it? I have no clue PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by luvzmybabz, Dec 19, 2007.

1. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    I let my hubbie do a chicken deal my bad, I was supposed to according to my hubbie get 5 doms got there and she had 3 rhode island red and 2 mystery birds her doms are BR I think single comb Doms are Pea? well trouble is I have no idea what the Mystery rare birds are I have a few pictures not great ones but here goes a few body shots and a few comb shots if needed I will try to get a few more pictures tomorrow the underbelly and lower feather are sorta a blue gray color not very good lighting for pictures saddle feathers are grayish then the gold cape? Huge floppy combs much smaller in stature then the cochins or reds but not bantam size

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. buckbeak

buckbeak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Morgantown, PA
    The coloring looks like my Welsummer pullets, but not the comb. The comb looks like my Welsummer cockerels, but not the coloring. How old??

3. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Can't help you ID the chicken in the pics, but can verify that Domiques have a pea comb and barred rocks have the single comb.

4. luvzmybabz

Oct 11, 2007
    I think about 2 - 2.5 years I know they are on the older side but pretty good price and well my rooster needed more company and the chicks are too young to go in with him

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Doms have a rose comb like a Wyandotte, not a pea comb. And that looks like a Welsummer or a brown Leghorn.

6. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    i dont know if there is a such thing but it looks like a partridge leghorn?

7. luvzmybabz

Oct 11, 2007
    Do any of the mentioned breeds have white ear lobes well not really all white I tried to see if it was something caked on there but the birds did not want to cooperate, but I do not think it is gunk. I guess I will have to wait until the start laying speaking of which another ? when you move birds they can sometimes quit laying for a while do they have a tendancy to get backuped?

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Brown Leghorns would have white earlobes. Welsummers would have red. They may quit temporarily, but shouldnt get 'backed up'.

9. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Is a Partridge Rock a possibility?

10. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    She looks just like my Brown Leghorn! Even the floppy single comb! *haha*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by