Whats on the head of my duckling (pics) ?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Dean321, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Dean321

Dean321 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2015
    Keeping you updated with my dycklings:
    @casportpony @Miss Lydia @Buck Oakes

My last two threads were

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...t-red-skin-near-its-neck-pics-is-it-a-disease

and

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1035204/what-is-happening-to-my-ducklings-pics-updated

Now this time at my ducklings head got a red spot with no hair its been about 9 - 10 days I am watching this thing , and now its becoming more and more , 2 - 3 days ago it was small in size now it becomes bigger .... Pictures are given below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    @Dean321 I am wondering if one of the other ducks is doing some nibbling. You may have to spend some extra time just observing them to see if that maybe what is going on. Maybe take them outside on nice warm days, not sure if your having nice warm days right now were in fall so it is pretty cool, but maybe some extra stimulation where they can run out a bit of energy might help if someone is nibbling. Other than that I haven't a clue. I do know goslings and ducklings will nibble on each other at times and if bored.

3. Dean321

Oct 7, 2015
    Nah they don't nibble each other and also its my older duckling then the others , also the spot ( without hair) is at the same place and is bigger than before the last 5 - 6 days.. Do I need antibiotics for this duckling ?

Temperature in my area is 25 - 29 degree Centigrade

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  4. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Your temps are in the 80's that is great weather for getting your ducklings outside for some exercise if it is safe for them to be outside and you can stay with them.

@Dean321 I'm going to see if I can someone else who hatches alot of ducklings to look at your pics and see what they think..

@Lacrystol hatches lots of ducklings and maybe has seen this before..

5. Dean321

Oct 7, 2015
    Thanks for your reply

Yeah the temperature is good . In summers the temperature reaches 45 Degree centigrade and in winters its reaches -2 degree Centigrade ......... By the way that spot is now bigger than before and no one other than you has replied on this thread ......... :(.

6. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I'm sorry some of the members have been helping others so let me see if I can get @casportpony to look at your post again..

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  7. Dean321

Oct 7, 2015
    No Problem .... Whats the temperature in your country ? In our country from October to March are winters and from November to February are too cold -2 Degree centigrade In May the summer starts and goes up to September , June - August are too hot 45 Degree Centigrade.

8. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    We're in fall and we have had temps down into the 20's so far highs in the 40- 50 in winter it can get as cold as teens and lower on occasion with highs in 20-30's you'll have to convert I have it on my computer but always have to look it up. Fall is Sept 21 till Dec 21 then Winter starts till March 21 then we're back into spring.

I see you have temp extremes -2= 28 and 45= [113 ] that is hot.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by