What's so bad about Black Friday again?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justafewchickens, Nov 25, 2011.

1. justafewchickens

justafewchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Picked my son up six pairs of pants today at Wal-Mart, hate the store btw, and saved a little over thirty dollars! Wranglers on sale for $7.97, saved 5.97 on each. Money has been so tight, and felt shamed for my son wearing too small of pants.

Had one snag wouldn't you know. (Did I mention I hate wally world?) They had no sign on or near jeans, just the table with them on it. Hubby finds price scanner, rings up 7.97. Yay! Pick up different kinds, head up front. All but two ring up right. The carpenters are full price. Apparently it is our fault they put a whole stack in the wrong place.

Eventually we leave happy though, so a good day. And then at an outlet shop I found two pairs of work pants for under 20 dollars for both pairs! Sorry about the ramble, just so happy! Now for Christmas shopping, uggghh.

2. mrkpero

mrkpero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    My hubby loves Black Friday. He went to Walmart last night at 10:00 and got me a new larger Crockpot for $9 (regularly $30) and a $70 vacuum for $36. He said there were fights breaking out and all kinds of crazy. It's not for me but he gets a kick out of the chaos and getting a deal.

3. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    As long as you're not one of the people that got peppersprayed at Walmart by a fellow shopper yesterday, there ain't nothing wrong with Black Friday! I think ill go to work instead, where ill earn more money than ill end up saving!

4. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    I went to Home Depot about 11 am

Picked up a pair of $17 ladders and a bunch of $2.50 led Christmas lights and with that....my black friday shopping is done.

5. justafewchickens

justafewchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Yeah, by the time I got there it was nearing 10 am, so not fighting the early bird crowd. It was busy,but that's normal in a tourist town, so no shocker there. At my job it would take me a little over 4 hours to make 30 dollars,so it was a big deal to me.

6. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    I love Black Friday. I spend it sitting on the sofa with my feet up, a cup of hot chocolate and reading a good book. The only way you could get me out shopping and in the crowds would be at gunpoint. And then I would have to think about it.

7. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    My son just said that at his Staples, they had tv's for sale for $300....Did not sell a one! So if you missed your WalMart deal

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    People had been camping out since Tuesday here. I couldn't take all the crowds so I stayed home this year.

9. S.L.Swope

S.L.Swope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    San Antonio
    My Dh works at Best Buy, at his store they had a woman camping for 2 weeks! Crazy stuff!

I shopped small and local at a nursery by my house. 40% off iron work?! Crazy bird thing now resides I my backyard!

10. dfr1973

dfr1973 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Nov 20, 2011
    rural central FL
    Quote:No thinking here ... I was not budging today. I have gone out for "Black Friday" only once in the past several years, and that was for cotton flannel at the fabric store. My mom worked retail for Sears for 17 years when I was growing up, and some Black Fridays she would come home crying because some customers were just so rude.

BTW, the real reason it's called "Black Friday" is because folks who work the floor in retail dread it so much. I have known this all my life ... only in the past five years have I heard the nonsense about accounting ink and profitability.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by