Whats some breeds.....

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by boxers1997, Feb 28, 2009.

1. boxers1997

boxers1997 New Egg

Nov 8, 2008
    tx
    [​IMG] can some one tell me what are some breeds of chickens that, "Stick Out Of The Crowd:cool:" breed.....like a Polish Rooster, they REALLY STICK OUT! I just want max 5 chickens that kida Stick Out can some one give me a list of some breeds. Much epreciated! Also i want a pair of Japanese Bantams and like a Cochin or two and could i put silkies i with a whole differnt types of chickens.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Hmmm..........houdans, spitzhaubens (not sure if I spelled that right), sultans, frizzled anything, american game, modern game, cornish, class a serama (teensy tiny), marans rooster (HUGE), true araucana.......etc.

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

My HUGE black Orp rooster and my HUGE splash Orp rooster (Both around 14 pounds). Along with a HUGE black Orp hen (over 9 pounds now I think).

Speckled sussex are a nice eye-catcher. Mille Fleur D'uccles look awesome too and are tiny.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Ameraucanas, Blue Andalusians, Buff Orps, Speckled Sussex, White faced Black Spanish.

5. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    showgirls. [​IMG]

6. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  7. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Turken, Giant Cochin, Sultans, Silkies, Houdans, Phoenix, Sumatras, Cubalayas, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Blue Orpingtons, Black Langshans

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    onagadori, ohiki, any of the long crowers

9. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

I've gotten really attached to my cochin bantams. They are my "fun" breed. I got my egg layers, then I got the cochins to add some fun to the mix. Everyone that sees them wants them, lol.

10. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Those featherless chicks are ugly. LOL Just don't seem right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by