What's that? MissPrissy's eggs are talking to me!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WyanLuv, Jan 11, 2009.

1. WyanLuv

WyanLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    Today is day 21 and I have 6 of MissPrissy's orpington eggs in the hatcher. I've been watchin them like a hawk all day (yesterday? or would it still be considered today because I haven't gone to bed? In that case today would be day 20 but really day 21) (I'm tired!!!!) [​IMG]

I walk by the little closet that I have the incubator in on my way to bed and I hear a little squeek from inside!!! I grab the flashlight and shine it in on all the eggs but see nothing moving. No pips or zips. But! I do hear one happy little chickie chirpin away at me!! Now I don't want to go to bed... Such is the luck. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2008
    Good luck! Hope you have a happy and healthy hatch.

It will take a while, so go to bed and when you get up, hopefully you can welcome some cute little fluffy baby chicks.

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Do you talk to the eggs so they recognize your voice?

4. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    I know I'm weird, but I talk to my hatching eggs all the time. Atleast three times a day when I turn them. I got up this morning thinking I would have a little baby running around but not just yet. It's working at it. Although he has pipped out from the little end towards the middle. But it's working away at it. Nothing yet out of the other 5 but today is only day 21. Woo hoo!!! [​IMG]

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I whish you lots of luck! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Whistle. Whistle. Whistle. Call them out! I have whistled hundreds of chicks out of their shells.

What's going on there this morning?

7. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    Well, my husband thinks I have gone nuts because I have been whistling away doing my morning chores. I have the hatcher in my empty hall closet so as I'm going from room to room helping the girls put stuff away I'm whistling. The little booger is cheepin right back at me. My youngest (3yrs) keeps wanting to look in and see the baby that's talking but it has yet to finish poppin out. VERY talkative little thing

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    It is a little roo. [​IMG]

9. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:I do. I also sing to them [​IMG] Might be a freaky, however, when I walk in the coop even my roosters calm down when they hear my voice. Doesn't work when hubby talks [​IMG]
    Hugs
    Christina <the crazy chicken lady>

10. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    I have a hen in the coop that is normally a pretty quiet girl, but when my oldest (6yrs) walks into the coop and starts talkin to them that hen just starts yabberin away. I'm hoping I have a really chatty hen but I have a feeling it's a roo. Because only a male gender would make me wait so impatiently. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by