What's that ruckus? An eagle.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by silkiechicken, Nov 29, 2010.

1. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

All the chickens hiding and probably 100+ crows screaming with more crows coming in from a distance. Usually if a hawk goes through, there are only a dozen screaming crows. Well, turns out there was a bald eagle in the tree above. Luckily it was dining on what looked like a crow and all birds were accounted for. Neat bird, and glad my chickens have been smart enough so far to stay alive.

[​IMG]

2. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Wow, he's beautiful.

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    He is beautiful, glad he didn't get your birds..that would have been too tragic.

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

beautiful bird. I have a couple that come around. It's amazing how the chickens hide. Like they don't even exist.

Imp

5. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    what a beautiful bird. i have only seen three in my lifetime. i wish we had more around here. the first one i was was looking out of my office window and i saw an eagle swoop down and take a duckling. the next two were young birds, they were flying low over our pasture.

6. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Quote:How do know it's a male?

My 16 year old son caught me on that one day. I referred to one that flew by our truck one day as a male and he told me that both sexes have white heads. So he asked me how I knew it was a male. I told him I had seen it's balls hanging down as he flew by. [​IMG]

7. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    Good come back:yuckyuck

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:How do know it's a male?

My 16 year old son caught me on that one day. I referred to one that flew by our truck one day as a male and he told me that both sexes have white heads. So he asked me how I knew it was a male. I told him I had seen it's balls hanging down as he flew by. [​IMG]

LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by