1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's the best coop design for yokohamas???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by peewee, Dec 1, 2008.

1. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I was at the flea market this weekend and there was this beautiful pair of Yokohamas. I have them in quarantine right now and while they are in there I want to get their coop built. I was wondering if there is anything special that I need to be aware of other than high perches for the boys tail. If anybody has pictures of their Yokohamas or phoenix pens can you please post them, I am more of a visual learner. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

I have a gorgeous Golden phoenix rooster but were still working on his coop. right now he is just in an extra long pen but he's still a young one yet. His tail is only about seven inches long. I had a yokohama but sold it as a chick and than I regretted that after I did it [​IMG] YOur birds are beautiful!

3. peewee

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    Hangin Wit My Peeps, thanks for the compliment. I was really suprised to see these two at the flea market. I was looking at the phoenix chickens for next spring but had to have these two when I saw them. Nothing like getting the chickens before the coop!!!!

4. peewee

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    Anyone have any ideas for me???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by