whats the best fleas treatment for dogs?

I usually shave one side of the dog and then set the other side on fire and when the fleas all run to the shaved side I stab them with a fork.
lol.png

Seriously any of the Frontline or Advantage will be fine. However if your dog is an outside dog, don't wait the full thirty days for the next treatment do it at three weeks. This per my cat's vet.

Hope you aren't mad about the joke. Life is to short not to laugh,

Rancher

Advantage and Frontline stopped working on the fleas here I think they actually liked the taste of it
roll.png

So we use a lot of Dawn in a garden sprayer in the yard and a growth regulator for in the house... just found a flea on one of the dogs yesterday.. so it's time to treat the yard again and the house.. first flea we've seen in over 6 months
before I used the Dawn and growth regulator we were overrun with fleas because the Advantage and Frontline seemed to be attracting the little buggers and not killing them off

my guess is that the stray cats brought them ... darn silly cats

Quote:
I feel like a monkey picking them off it dont help that my sisters dogs are infested badly
with fleas and everytime she comes here their prolly on her!! I just ordered avantage 11 since bio spot dont work for crap!! I think i should skin my dog!!
big_smile.png
thats why i like feathers they dont get fleas!!

Quote:
None of the above. Comfortis. No messy drippy oily stuff to attract dirt and dust. This is the only product that pretty much obliterated our inside and outside flea problem, as our dogs go in and out and the neighbor's dogs are not treated for fleas because they are stupid (both the dogs and the humans). 3 years later I only use it on occasion, usually during the summer. It's a chewable like heartworm preventative. I've heard there is also a combo pill now.

Last edited:
Quote:
None of the above. Comfortis. No messy drippy oily stuff to attract dirt and dust. This is the only product that pretty much obliterated our inside and outside flea problem, as our dogs go in and out and the neighbor's dogs are not treated for fleas because they are stupid (both the dogs and the humans). 3 years later I only use it on occasion, usually during the summer. It's a chewable like heartworm preventative. I've heard there is also a combo pill now.

Well ill try advantage first then get that
smile.png

I've found that this method also works as an exercise routine for me, chasing the dog while he's on fire. It's also good for getting rid of those pesky eyebrows and arm hair.

There, now we're both in trouble.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom