What's the best, most inexpensive trail camera?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by willkatdawson, Nov 29, 2008.

1. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    I want to ask for a trail camera for Christmas from my husband, but the more I read the more confused I get. There are so many models and not all of them have reviews along with descriptions. I know some of you have them. Are you happy with yours?

2. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    I have a wild view extream 2. I got it about 2 yrs ago and it was like 150$ prolly cheaper now. (it takes pretty clear pics) I am happy with it but of corse I would like a better quailty one but I like this one because its easy to use and set the date/time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  3. willkatdawson

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Perfect! Thank you.. I can't wait to find out what's really out there.

4. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    We had the Wildview and liked it fine...so did the thief who stole it!!! Anyway...we now have the Stealth Cam STC-V550MTR. We got a good deal on it since they were out of the Wildview we wanted they gave us this for the same price. I really liked them both about the same.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nice pics!

6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:I see BAMBI! [​IMG]

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:How much did you pay for it? I have a system that has 4 cameras zero lux and a DVR. It was $600. The DVR was recently sent back because of a hard drive failure. Before the failure I was very happy with it. Right now the camers are directly connected to some TV's. Just curious. I bought the system for another reason but it is a good critter cam.

8. willkatdawson

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    We ordered the wild view extreme today. It was on sale and came in a twin pack. It was basically 2 cameras for the price of one. We ordered it online at Cabela for $109.99 # UJ-418328.

9. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Quote:How much did you pay for it? I have a system that has 4 cameras zero lux and a DVR. It was $600. The DVR was recently sent back because of a hard drive failure. Before the failure I was very happy with it. Right now the camers are directly connected to some TV's. Just curious. I bought the system for another reason but it is a good critter cam.

It was right around $100.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by