whats the best treat your chickens love?

So far, mealworms. I fed them by hand until they began trying to eat my fingers too
cool.png

Mealworms make my chickens turn into monsters. They really like oats too.. And yogurt with rice. Broccoli. Well, let me try to think of something they don't like!!

Fresh crickets. I'm sure the neighbors think we're nuts. The other day I relieved my husband on the lawn mower so he could walk behind it getting crickets for the girls!! (
D.gif
- what they look like when they're all gone!)

Meal worms and shredded cheese. Funny thing with the dried meal worms. When I feed um the worms, the chickens exhibit some manners. They will stand till I hand the worms to them. The BO's go around behind me and one of them will peck my back pocket sort of the let me know they're back there. Then I put some in my hand and put it behind me. They get um and I go back around front. Bob, my rooster, will just stand till I feed him some. He's just not pushy at all. I can put my hand in what ever direction and the hens in that area will come get um and the rest just wait. Strange chickens. Everyone has their own personality. Lotsa fun for me.

Dried meal worms and cheese is their favorite.

Back
Top Bottom