What's the craziest thing you've ever snuck on a plane?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Shared Acres, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    About 10 years ago I snuck a parakeet on a plane. The craziest thing was, I had bought him from a local family who had a pet store and the owner's kid was sitting across from me on the plane!

I had this little cloth bag I made that I tied to my waist pocket, he just hid in it.

I had a layover in Houston for about 2 hours and I walked through the airport and I'd be at the bookstore and suddenly you'd hear a "chirp." I just looked around like "where did that come from?"

About 12 years ago I smuggled a momma hamster and her babies on a plane. I tucked in my T-shirt and put them inside my shirt to get past security. Inside my carry on I had a little hamster cage. I had it nice and clean and the shavings in a ziplock back. I put a bow on top, figured if I was questioned about the cage I'd say it was a gift.

Once I was past security, I went to the bathroom, pulled the hamsters out and put them in their little cage.

Never got caught.

You?

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Not on a plane, but I snuck my ball python Dixie on a greyhound bus one time.
    Then after a layover this guy sat down next to me and talked my head off. I showed him Dixie. He found another seat. [​IMG]

3. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    Wow I took a Gerbil on a plane when I was a kid and a ball python, a boa constrictor and 3 bettas on a greyhound as a teen. lol

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Hermit crabs. Seriously. My DH and I took the kids to Galveston (all 5 of them - his and mine) and while we were there, they all got a critter keeper with hermies.

When we tried to go through security, they stopped us and told us that we couldn't take the hermies on the plane. All the kids started crying. Ugh! We went into the bathroom and took the hermies out of the cages, put them in my various pockets and then went back through security with empty critter keepers. LOL as if they didn't know what we were up to.

All was fine until those dang things started pinching me through my clothes! The critter keepers were up in the overhead storage bins and it was during takeoff so I couldn't get up there to grab them and get those dang crabs out of my pockets!

Never again.

5. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Good for you Chicky Tocks - you took one (or more) for the team!

6. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    ...watch it, ya'll! I work for an airline, and I'm gonna tell on all ya'll...!!![​IMG]

7. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    nevermind...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  8. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    i snuck on a water bottle last year lmao. i am so living dangerously.

9. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:AHAHAHHAAHAA oh my goodness thats so funny, what we wont do for our kids

10. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    When we came back from living on Guam ( dad in AF) my brother snuck two lizards on the plane chameleons I think.. I forget. Anyway, we flew to WI ( 15 hour flight) he had them
    under his shirt when we got on then put them in a plastic jar on the flight. We then stayed in WI for a month visiting relatives since we'd been gone for a few years. Then my dad bought a Suburban ( 7 kids!) and we drove from WI to CA ... those lizards survived the whole trip , no problems. We get to CA , check into at the base and wait for my dad to get our base housing. We are in Sacramento area in July.. it's about 100 degrees out and the lizards fried
    in the heat in about 20 minutes while we checking out the new house:rolleyes:

Sorry that story was a little long and off topic but it started off on the right track!

Nancy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by