What's the deal with Silkie chicks =-)

Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Songster
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
Plant City, FL.
So many people talk about how addicting they are! Tell me! I want to know what it is...curiosity might get the best of me and i'll just have to find out myself!
lol.png
tongue.png

I saw pics of them and thought "hmm..cute.." but it wasn't until I saw one in person when I realized I had to have one. We just received 5 blue chicks and they are positively adorable!!

Well, let me think. Ok, ya know how cute a baby chic is? Well multiply that by as high as you can count. Super fuzzy butts, a bit smaller than a regular chic so it appears to be even fluffier than normal. And their little personalities steal your soul and take over your heart. Ok so all of this is just my opinion, but I stand by it.

Well....They are tiny, and feel soo soft - different from ordinary chicken feathers, have great personalities and are super friendly, great broody hens, a great conversation starter, and the eggs are a good size for eating too.
What else can you ask for?
Oh yes, and they come in a variety of colors including ~splash~
smile.png

How can you resist this?
20345_img_1569.jpg

Last edited:
I will say that when they are between 2 weeks and about 8 weeks...they tend to be more skiddish that my other chicks. But once they get over that, they remain very people friendly. I think they have individual personalities that are more noticeable that other chicks. Plus they feel like a cottonball in your hands!!

Back
Top Bottom