what's the difference in these two incubators

dcbcaaron

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
Dry Creek, LA
i'm about to finish my first setting with a homemade incubator, i'm not sure how it's going to turn out, but i'm interested in getting a new one either way. I've heard a lot of good things in the forums about the genesis 1588, i am getting forced air and automatic turner, but what is the difference in the 1588 and the 2362 hovabator, is the big window the only difference? because cutler's has it at a $40 price difference,
let me know what you know, thanks.

I believe the difference is that the 1588 has a large viewing window and a preset thermostat.
smile.png

The main differences are going to be the window size, and the preset thermostat vs the wafer thermostat. As someone who has both window styles, I can say that when the eggs start to hatch that big window sure is nice.
smile.png
BUT you don't have to get the 1588 to get the picture window -- the 1583 has it as well, without the preset thermostat. It's less than $20 more than the 2362.

The thermostat in the 2362, is a wafer type and the unit has no turner.
The turner is sold separately at GQF The wafer operates by two metal plates that expand with heat and when the touch a contact is made that will turn on the heating element. As it cools the wafers contract and it turns off the heating element

The 1588 Genesis is electronic and preset to 100 degrees. It come complete with a turner and has a large viewing window

http://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_listOneCategory.asp?idCategory=2

This is their site and you can read up on all the different models and options. You can also order replacement parts from them directly.

I have the 1583. I love it. I adjusted the temp the first time, and have never had to mess with it since. It has a wafer, you turn a little metal thing on top to increase or decrease the temperature.
smile.png

Quote:
Yes -- the only difference between the 1583 and the 1588 is the thermostat. My first unit has the wafer, which took me a while to get set right, but I've barely had to touch it since bringing the unit back into the house after a year in the garage being moved around rather often. The preset temp on the 1588 is 99.5, which is a little low for chicken eggs, and mine was only able to hold that temp steady without eggs -- with eggs it was more likely to be 97.5-98.5 (according to my digital thermometer). I'm changing the heat setting before my next hatch to see if it will get to 100 and stay there.

Neither unit comes with a turner unless you buy a package that includes it. I think it's worth the extra money, and the turner can be used with any incubator that it fits into.

I was thinking about getting a 1583 to use as a hatcher, but I may just relegate the 1588 to that task since my 1602 holds the temp really well, and I don't need a picture window for the first 18 days.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom