whats the difference?

wildriverswolf90

Songster
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
polk county, NC
Ok so what is the differnce between forced air and still air incubation? I only plan on hatching 30 or 40 chicks and I'm on a budget, I'm leaning towards still cause its cheaper! But really is there a big differnce?

I might be wrong but I think forced air incubators circulate the warm air so eliminating hot spots and cold spots. They make the whole bator more even temperatured if that makes sense.
tongue.png

yes thats true I just so happen to be a lucky grand daughter whos grandparents bought me a $2000 incubator for her 20th birthday..cheesy birthday present I know..but they share my hobby. I dislike still air bators...some people love them. I have a forced air incubator which circulates the heat evenly through out the incubator rather than having a higher or lower temp at either end of the bator. Even though mine was expensive it has an automatic turner fills up the water on its own...warns me if something is incorrect (heat level etc) and holds 350 eggs. Id go with forced air..save up til you can get one..trust me its worth the wait...I have 3 bators...2 still air and one forced and Im currently saving up for another forced air bator cause they are so much easier to clean and look after
wink.png

Thanks I will look into a forced air bator! Maybe mine will be cheap then 2000$ cause I defintaly don't need space for that many eggs! Ahhh now I can't wait til spring!

Im kind of a nerd when it comes to chickens (about most things). I do all meat birds most of the time so we have enough meat for winter
smile.png
we had a total of 1700 meat birds processed and in the freezer in 4 months
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom