What's the difference ?

heaneykid

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
I have 8 hens and 1 roo Charlie. I just wanted to know what my chances are of getting good hatches through incubation using my own rooster, I just bought a covina 24 fully automatic ncubator and I'm going to try to fill it up fully to get better rates, will Charlie fertilise eggs every day?

If Charlie is covering your hens regularly you have a good chance of getting fertile eggs. There are a lot of factors involved such as the hens diet, health, etc. But there is no reason not to believe that you will have a good hatch rate with your own flocks eggs.

Thanks ! I just wasn't sure weather it would have been more worth wile buying eggs! But thanks il use my own

Thanks ! I just wasn't sure weather it would have been more worth wile buying eggs! But thanks il use my own
Actually, unless you're buying from a hatchery, you're always taking a chance on fertility in my opinion. Better to hatch your own hens eggs that you know are fertile.

I also have to agree with Pollo Rey. Charlie could probably use a few more girls.

Good luck.

I have 8 hens and 1 roo Charlie. I just wanted to know what my chances are of getting good hatches through incubation using my own rooster, I just bought a covina 24 fully automatic ncubator and I'm going to try to fill it up fully to get better rates, will Charlie fertilise eggs every day?
your hens can lay up to 8 fertile eggs from one breeding from your roo the sperm is stored in a sac in the hen and added to the egg as it moves down the shoot ! Good luk and keep us in the loop

Well folks, today is day 18 and all 20 of my eggs are fertile, Charlie is the man ;)

****Well folks, today is day 18 and all 20 of my eggs are fertile, Charlie is the man
wink.png

wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom