whats the El Monte city ordinance

wreckguy

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 28, 2014
My neighbor said i can not have chickens and he said he was going to call the city on me if i did not fix the problem.can someone let me know what is the truth.

I don't know, I live in El Monte but don't have a problem.
I did find this one picture once and it led me to another page with the laws but I didn't really understand the code in the municipal code page thing.

hey still fighting i got bill Oct /15/2015 to get rid of my chickens .I need some one who knows the city codes in el monte ?

My neighbor said i can not have chickens and he said he was going to call the city on me if i did not fix the problem.can someone let me know what is the truth.
In many cities it depends on how your property is zoned. Zoning laws typically limit the type of animals allowed at a residence. Domestic pets such as dogs, birds, and cats are generally not regulated, but chickens, ducks, geese, sheep, horses, pigs, cows and the like are subject to certain requirements because there considered farm animals. Many city laws prohibit keeping these farm animals in residential neighborhoods. Others limit the number of animals based on the size of the property. You need to check how your particular property is zoned. For example. In our neighborhood here in El Monte there was a person that had pot-bellied pigs. The city tried to say he couldn't keep the because they were farm animals. The city lost because of the size of the property made it originally zoned as "horse property" and was never changed. Because of that he was allowed to keep them.

Back
Top Bottom