Whats the farthest you ever traveled to get a chicken/duck/anything?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Tony, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    I figured this would be a cool thread to share success and horror stories about going long distances just to pick up a bird or eggs or anything else.

The furthest I ever traveled would be from CT to PA to pick up my black split to lavender orpingtons from the Hinkjc family. I left my house at 8 a.m. and finally returned home 8 p.m. that night on New Years Eve Day. Through a snowstorm no less. lol Yes, I DID get lost a few times, but I finally made it there. It was soooo worth the trip. [​IMG]
    Mapquest stated it was a 3 1/2 hour drive each way, I beg to differ. lol

2. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    60 miles

3. catfish/okie

catfish/okie Chillin' With My Peeps

34 miles.

4. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Personally traveled for the sole purpose of getting an animal? 792 miles, according to Mapquest.

Technically we've purchased rabbits from England, but we have them shipped over.

5. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I havn't done it yet but this Spring I' going about 600 miles to pick up a puppy.[​IMG]

6. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

120 miles one way and the other BYCer did the same to meet me half way [​IMG]

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I don't know the mileage but 2 1/2 hours to meet citalk2much in grand rapids! We were delivering a duck, and picking up some roo's [​IMG]

8. BarbK

BarbK Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Back in the spring I drove a 450 mile round trip to pick up my four rabbits. I also drove a 200 mile round trip twice to pick up two different goats. You should have seen some of the funny looks I got. Driving down the road with a goat in the back of a SUV. I even heard one guy on a motorcycle say I had a deer in the back!!!![​IMG]

9. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Seventy miles one way to pick up seven White Leghorns. About eighty on the way back because I took the scenic route.

.....Alan.

10. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    1200 round trip to adopt Miss Matilda Pekin Duck
    Oregon Or Bust!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by