whats the meaning of c1 and c2 geans

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by berkeleysprings, Mar 24, 2009.

1. berkeleysprings

berkeleysprings Chillin' With My Peeps

take it slow ,,, im a carpenter but whats it mean c1 and c2

2. Henk69

Henk69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    You mean the older brothers of c4, the explosive rooster?

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    coop 1 and coop 2. just to keep track of the breeding etc.

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I assume that you got the answer for C1 & C2, but F1 means first generation from a breeding plan--the offsprin from the original parents. Bred to each other or back to a parent, their offspring would be F2.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    oh, and i missed the part about geans. i am assuming that you mean Jeane Wade. (gosh, i hope i am spelling that correctly!)

from the Original lines here in the U.S., straight out of French lines, if i am not mistaken. if i am, someone jump in and correct me please. [​IMG]

6. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:yep you're right but his first name is Wade (unless you meant to put it backwards saying his last name first) heheheeh! [​IMG]

I'm learning about the C1 and C2 I am unsure what coop i got from of Jeanes lines but i dont care Im jus thappy to have them hehe.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:yep you're right but his first name is Wade (unless you meant to put it backwards saying his last name first) heheheeh! [​IMG]

I'm learning about the C1 and C2 I am unsure what coop i got from of Jeanes lines but i dont care Im jus thappy to have them hehe.

except i forgot the comma between them! i win the duh prize today!
    the ones i am hatching are C1. gorgeous eggs and cute babies!

8. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania

except i forgot the comma between them! i win the duh prize today!
    the ones i am hatching are C1. gorgeous eggs and cute babies!

[​IMG] i wish i knew mine!!! Tho the ones im getting tomorow im sure I wil be able to find out from the breeder [​IMG]

9. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I was told there were two Jeane brothers breeding Marans, and that C1 and C2 meant Wade and.....shooot, I forgot the brother's name. ANYWHO...that's what I was told by a very reputable breeder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by