whats the most exotic animal youve ever owned???????????pics??????????

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lcw1995, Dec 18, 2010.

1. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    whats the most exotic animal youve ever owned???????????
    tell about it, or post pics?
    would love to hear about it.
    thanks.
    cole.

2. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    I've had cockatiels parakeets & a hahns macaw. [​IMG] Pictures in a second!

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Emu

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    A "Tibetan" Yak. [​IMG] Love him to peices, and he needs a cow. . . But for now, it is really hard to find other yak owners who have heifers for sale within a decent/affordable distance to travel.

But, he's a full-on bull, still growing, and he'll be huge by next year. . . We'll be using him in a breeding program for yak meat, yak riding, draft purposes, and wool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Polecat, raccoon, opossum, an alligators.

6. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Gators...used to be legal.
    Skunks...VERY short lived pet status...they weren't fixed...

7. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Define exotics. [​IMG] We used to own an exotic animal ranch. We've raised honey bears, western cougars, several varieties of fox, watusi cattle, neilgi antelope, scottish highland cattle, jacob's four horn sheep, mouflon sheep, miniature horses, white-tail, muntjac and fallow deer, red deer, elk, wolves and wolf hybrids, fennic fox, chinchillas, degus, hairless rats and most other kinds of small rodents, rheas, emus and ostriches, bengal cats, giant pouched rats (Yes, before they were outlawed in the USA), we also had a 53' building full of reptiles. Never had a USDA permit, so never messed with the greater apes or CITES critters.
    Probably lots I can't remember, it was a long time ago. Don't have any pictures though because we lost everything we owned in a house fire several years ago.
    The rarest critter we ever owned was a red eyed crocadille lizard. There were only two in the USA at that time, they were ordered as a pair by one of my breeder friends /suppliers and turned out to be two males so he sold us one to use in or educational shows.
    We also rehabed wild game animals, so had racoons, skunks, and stuff like that ever now and then.
    And no, I don't miss it. I got all that outta my system thank goodness! I'll stick with my chickens and stuff now. [​IMG]

8. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Bearded Dragon
    Pet Rats

My roommate temporarily owned Degu's but I was allergic.
    ----

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

This is my VERY RARE "HORNLESS UNICORN".

[​IMG]

10. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Lots of reptiles and birds, but I alway feel like it need fur to be exotic. LOL

Wolves, Spider Monkey and an Ocelot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by