What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Pics
I had a pretty girl.. Cuckoo Bluebar.
20180109_103149.jpg
20180109_103936.jpg

Last edited:
No, Khaki is to Fawn as Splash is to Blue. You will get a certain portion of Khakis from breeding Fawns just because of how the gene works. Basically, if your bird carries one copy of dun (I^d / i+), they are Fawn (or Dun, depending on the breed, but it's the same genetically), and if they carry two copies (I^d / I^d), they are Khaki.

Here's one of my Fawn Silver Duckwing boys and one of my Khaki Silver Duckwing boys as a comparison. The Khakis do have a faint hint of a sort of brownish-gray off-white to the parts that the Fawns have brown, but it's hard to see unless you're looking closely so they mostly just look white.

View attachment 3110858View attachment 3110851

Khaki Silver Duckwing hens are a little bit more colorful because of the touch of salmon in their chests. This is a Fawn Silver Duckwing hen and a Khaki Silver Duckwing pullet:

View attachment 3110860View attachment 3110859

Sadly, those are the two girls that a hawk got, so I no longer have them here. 🙁 Both boys are still around, though, of course.
They are super gorgeous!! Where do you find these colors?? I think I need them :drool

Back
Top Bottom