What's the Sq ft per Banty needed 4 Coop ? Run ?

1TurkenLover

Songster
10 Years
Jul 2, 2013
WASHINGTON state
What's the Sq ft per banty needed 4 Coop ? and 4 Contained Run ?

Chicken Math again
wee.gif
will have 9 sq. ft. coop. Not counting outside nest box.

with total 40 sq. ft enclosed outside Run

Exterior double Nest Box

Last edited:
4 in the coop. Room for 8 in the run. Math is 2 sq. ft. per bantam in the coop and 5 sq. ft. per bantam bird in the run.
If you want, you can divide the run in 1/2 and put another 9 sq. ft. coop at the other end. That would give you
a nice set-up for 8 bantams. Let you keep 2 different kinds too, if you wanted. Or a grow out pen for chicks.
Double the numbers for large fowl.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
4 in the coop. Room for 8 in the run. Math is 2 sq. ft. per bantam in the coop and 5 sq. ft. per bantam bird in the run.
If you want, you can divide the run in 1/2 and put another 9 sq. ft. coop at the other end. That would give you
a nice set-up for 8 bantams. Let you keep 2 different kinds too, if you wanted. Or a grow out pen for chicks.
Double the numbers for large fowl.
Best,
Karen

Really ....... I like this Solution Best
thumbsup.gif
I'm wanting to keep the Cockerel, he is last Springs hatch. And keeping hens healthy ( unhurt ) Might work with what we have, Or a little fixing.......
trying to visualize it.

Here's what the four use now 2x3 Coop, lay eggs use @ night straight Run 2 x 8 ( 16 sq. ft. )
as well as the 5 x 5 Box Run. I'll separate Box run into 1x5 run for Cockerel Service, Since it's already attached. keeping the white coop.

clap.gif

:what's planed :Then the Hens will be
in 3x5 Coop/Run added to Box Run 4x5 Total 35 sq. ft.
for hens
love.gif
separated from Roo till needed.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom