What's the Sq ft per banty needed 4 Coop ? Run ?

1TurkenLover

Songster
10 Years
Jul 2, 2013
WASHINGTON state
What's the Sq ft per banty needed for Coop ? and for Contained Run ? Chicken Math again :we will have 9 sq. ft. coop. Not counting outside nest box. with total 40 sq. ft enclosed outside Run

-agree with the poster above. Everyone's birds are different, but I've found that my bantams are a bit more fussy than my standard birds. More space is always better, IMO. (two to three birds should work fine in your setup - but I would say a maximum of four).

3 sq feet per bird is optimal for coop. not sure about run.

I'd say 3 bantams in your coop and at most 4.
Quote:
-agree with the poster above. Everyone's birds are different, but I've found that my bantams are a bit more fussy than my standard birds. More space is always better, IMO. (two to three birds should work fine in your setup - but I would say a maximum of four).

There are 3 hens to 1 Roo now, wanting to get 3 or so More hens. . .

Quote:

There are 3 hens to 1 Roo now, wanting to get 3 or so More hens. . .
The roo might be a bad idea.

The golden rule to roosters is to have 10-12 hens per rooster. If you insist on having a rooster you may want to look into chicken saddles. The rooster may injury your hens when mating and decrease egg production due to the stress.

Chicken saddles would help prevent back injuries. However your chickens would still not lay well. Roosters aren't needed for egg production, just fertile ones.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom