What's The Weirdest Thing You've Seen People Do While Driving??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lunachick, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    It's getting more and more dangerous out there!!

On my way to work the other day, I saw activity in the front seat of a car on my left. As I catch up to him I look over and see him with a large coffee in one hand and a newspaper opened up on his steering wheel. His head was constantly looking up to check the road and down to get the news! I was waiting for him to pull out his razor! And how about those women with their rearview mirrors askew while they're putting on their mascara.......[​IMG]

2. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    I saw a woman in front of me do her whole makeup routine while driving... including eye liner, shadow, mascara and that thingy that curls your eyelashes.... she finished off the routine while going through a coffee drive through....... lipstick and lip liner!

I couldn't believe my eyes!

3. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    reading a book and driving!

4. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
  5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:That's crazy! But I'm not surprised......

6. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    I saw someone eating a bowl of cereal while driving once

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I saw the razor and shave cream! and the newspapaer, and the paperback novel, and the text messaging... but not all at the same time. I get mad at hubby for scarfing down burger, fries, and shake while driving. What is really the difference? When you drive...you should drive. Pull over and check the kids, pull over and eat, I am not even sure the radio is a good idea unless it is a long haul and there is no traffic.
    We saw a guy on a bicycle stoped on a cement median on a busy four lane intersection on a cell phone. That ringing couldn't wait until he pedaled another 20 feet to the side of the road?
    Phones will be the death of people. Moble phones were suppose to give them freedom. They all want that ... but enslave themselves with a doodad smaller than their ear.

says the lady on the computer...But I don't DRIVE with it!

8. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

I used to drive semi trucks coast to coast - you get a good view down into the cars as you pass them.

some of the stuff I saw happen cannot be repeated on a family forum.

Most of the really bizarre stuff I saw in CA [​IMG] (and usually in the smallest cars!!)

just something to think about the next time you're cruising next to a semi truck.... they can see you [​IMG]

meri

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:I agree with the phones, it's getting a little carried away. It's against the law here, but I NEVER see anyone pulled over for talking on phone while driving. I'd say 8 out of 10 people chat and drive. I even have trouble with having a GPS in the car, you end up watching yourself drive down that little cartoon road...........scary.

10. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    [​IMG]I saw someone pick their nose once. [​IMG] Do people not realize that being inside their car doesn't make them invisible to others?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by