What's the Wildest, Weirdest thing you've eaten...?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by chiknlady, Aug 14, 2008.

1. chiknlady

chiknlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    SE PA
    Okay I am exploring my inner omnivore and I need to purge...mentally that is. I have eaten lots of weird things but recently I tried Kangaroo Jerky....and it was good.[​IMG]

2. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Was not weird to me at the time (grandparents were in the ostrich business when it was hot) I have had Ostrich about anyway it could be cooked it was supper yummy in stirfry. When one broke a leg or serious (would not recover) injury we would butcher it.

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Rattlesnake. [​IMG]

4. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Nothing too strange. Reindeer. Moose. The usual escargot, calimari, sushi.... I'm not a very adventurous eater.

5. Pullet Pimp

Pullet Pimp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Ohio
    Groundhog! Don't knock it till you've tried it. Tasted like some of the best beef roast I've ever eaten. They are vegetarian ya know.

6. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dog Meat and Pig Stomach.

Jim

7. kwynn's birds Alaska

kwynn's birds Alaska Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    Whale blubber...Ok, I never tried it, but was given the opp. while in Barrow,AK I couldn't do it...but everyone else was slurping it up [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  8. kwynn's birds Alaska

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    Quote:It's funny to me... Since I live in Alaska, reindeer and moose is common...but there is some that just don't like it. I thing it has to be prepared right. My grand father used to get reindeer every year, and had it made into the best sausage. My little bro and I coundn't stay out of it. As for any type of fish, we used to have to eat it a lot when we were kids, to the point where it's just not that good to me any more. Maybe on special occasions.

the weirdest thing I've eaten...herring eggs. And I'll never do it again [​IMG]

9. kwynn's birds Alaska

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    Quote:Really? was it prepared like roast beef? My MIL taught me, "If in doubt, flour and fry it."

10. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I would never eat anything really odd, because I'm too picky of an eater, but....

my husband ate sea anemone at a sushi bar. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by