What's the worst gift you ever received?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nicole01, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    My ex-husband had given me a bottle of cheap shampoo and conditioner for my birthday once.[​IMG] He said is was pratical and I needed it.

He's a real jerk though. Other gifts from him was a dollar store salt and pepper shaker and one of those cheap exercise things off the tv to strenghen abs or theighs. I wasn't overweight either.

What's the worst gift you've ever received?

2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Stationary..tons of it for my birthday one year...I'm dyslexic. [​IMG]

3. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    My mil gave me the ugliest sweater for christmas..wrong size and butt ugly...even my husband laughed at it! [​IMG]

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I drink ALOT of coffee, & my sister got me a monkey shaped sippy cup to drink out of. I don't think so! Another one was a t-shirt my mom got me for Christmas. It said, I'm not bald, this is a solar sex panel. Hey, i would have worn it to grease the truck in or something, but it was a CHILDS SIZE! [​IMG]

5. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Oh boy, where do I start? On another thread I just happened to post about a boyfriend giving me an iron and ironing table for my birthday one year. We weren't even married! And he put a giant ribbon on the ironing board too, like it was a car or something. That didn't go well. My former MIL would give me clothes, and because I was very thin, she thought that meant "petite", so I would get tiny shirts and sweaters with the sleeves WAY too short because they were Petite size. I'm thin, not short. People seem to confuse that. [​IMG] I'd say my most hated gifts however, came from a former girlfriend of my father. She was a self proclaimed "Interior Designer", which I never saw proof of, but I think because she sold cheap crap at home parties she thinks that makes her one. Anyway, she knew I had two cats, so in her head that made me a cat lover. So for EVERY gift giving occasion, I would get HIDEOUS framed prints of fluffy white kittens with gigantic pink bows, sitting in baskets, surrounded by fluff and pink pillows. [​IMG] Or wall plaques with kittens hanging from tree branches that said "Hang in there", or kitten heads cut from metal to hang in a row. Or more prints of kittens, really fluffy ones, sitting on rainbows, or kittens kissing puppies..... on and on and on. ALWAYS wall hangings. I don't know how many walls this woman thought I had, but she did this for YEARS. And anyone who ever stepped foot in my house and bothered to look around would see that I don't do that cutesy stuff. I don't have pics of fluffy pets on my walls and I hate pink, shiny stuff. I'm very natural, earth tones, minimal decor, but she never seemed to pick up on that. So we had what we called a "Theresa Closet". On the rare occasions that she planned to visit, we'd have to yank all the fluffy kitty crap out of the closet and prop it up in various places. One year we stopped bothering and she came and didn't see any of it and COMPLAINED to my father that I was ungrateful. She was a dreadful woman, gossiping, meddling, controlling, just awful, so that's my disclaimer for my ruthless rant here. I was thrilled when my father finally left her. All of the fluffy kitty crap went straight to Goodwill. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

A hot pink vinyl wallet with a rusty clasp and torn dividers. It was new, the tags were still on it.

7. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    Well I was 're-gifted' a set of towels for my bridal shower by my grandmother that I had actually given to her.

deb g

8. MamaRoo

MamaRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    A ferry ride away, WA
    Quote:She was pretty sure you'd like them... [​IMG]

9. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:[​IMG] That's classic!

10. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Just after highschool I was at a store with my mother and off handedly said this little angel figureine was "cute", if I remember right I was tring to deflect personal questions about the men I was dating. Somehow that turned into "Saddi is collecting angels now". For the next 6 years I got angel figureines, calendars, candelholders, kleenix boxes, you get the idea. Here's the kicker i'm not a christian at all. So it was akward on several levels. About 5 years latera friend saw the box of angels when I was unpacking from a move, and asked if she could have them, she took the whole box and we've been blessedly angel free since.

Laura, I had a coworker who's office was crazy cat=lady, it was creepy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by