What's this breed?

n3ttst3r

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2017
Iowa
Passed this picture around to several friends and no one can come up with an answer that matches everyone has named something different and nothing fits 100% need better pictures of this one but any ideas? Came as the mystery baby from mcmurray.

Attachments

• IMG_3201.JPG
    IMG_3201.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3202.JPG
    IMG_3202.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 12
The little one is far to young to say with certainty.
Perhaps a gold laced wyandotte.

Yea I'm just seeing if I can get more than one person to agree on a breed I've heard 7 different breeds from 7 different people (8 if we include your post lol) has everyone saying different things! Lol.

The little chipmunk ones are really hard to figure out.
No green legs or poofy cheeks so not an EE.
The lack of mottling in the face has me rethinking the GLW guess.......
I do not think Barnevelder for the same reason.

Such a puzzle.....

The little chipmunk ones are really hard to figure out.
No green legs or poofy cheeks so not an EE.
The lack of mottling in the face has me rethinking the GLW guess.......
I do not think Barnevelder for the same reason.

Such a puzzle.....

It really is, I'm normally the one the people around me turn to for breed identifications for most species and this one has me stuck in a corner, it's a hit and miss on almost ever breed I can think of!! I really wish mcmurray kept an online file of what hatched out what days and what was sold out so that there was a reference for the mystery babies based off what they hadn't sold on that day! (These babies are literally brand spanking new, they hatched yesterday lol mcmurray is only a few hours away!)

Welsummer perhaps, just throwing it out there.

Ok so we have 2 people saying welsummer LOL. Yay finally a breed popped up in more than one persons opinion! Lol. I will try and get some better pictures of her later today to post, she's sure a mystery chick though, so much of a mystery no one knows for sure what she is!

So far I've been given almost every breed that has any kind of chipmunk pattern in the chicks literally no one seems to agree what this little peep could be

Back
Top Bottom