Whats this chick???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by captainmommy3, Sep 10, 2012.

1. captainmommy3

captainmommy3 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

ok so i bought 4 new baby chicks from atwoods we have successfully raised 3 RIR and we are growing new additions for the bigger coop we are building. I bought 2 black australorps 1 golden sexlink and 1 .....unknown....they had it in the brooder with the black australorps and obviously this is NOT what she is .....shes very cute, kind of small and very spunky and FAST ...man shes fast. her legs are kind of a grey color i have narrowed it down to what i suspect to be ameraucana, wellsummer, or speckled sussex ..... i am un sure..... anyone else have a guess? shes the tiny one in the front.

2. captainmommy3

Feb 26, 2012
    P.s. we had to take one of the chicks back because it was a rooster so the one black australorp that is missing was the replacement for the male.

3. captainmommy3

Feb 26, 2012
    i guess no one knows

4. Nike

Nike Young&Beautiful

Jul 8, 2012
    My Coop
    It kind of looks like a speckled sussex. They look so much alike when they are babies. I think you gotta wait till they feather out...

5. Nike

Nike Young&Beautiful

Jul 8, 2012
    My Coop
    I meant welsummers and speckled sussex looks so much alike.

6. Jakoda

Jakoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Old Lyme CT
    [​IMG]
    not a great pic, but the one on the left is my spec sussex

7. ChickN'ChaseR

ChickN'ChaseR Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    I would guess brown leghorn, im not very adept with guessing breeds, but when you say she is very FAST it reminds me of my chicks Shelley, Stephanie and Sharmaine when they were babies and they looked alot like your lil chick :)

8. captainmommy3

Feb 26, 2012
    her legs are quite grey thats the only thing that leans me away from the leghorn...but i cud be completely wrong....just most of the brown leghorns look to have very pinkish or yellow legs.....i guess waiting will be the only true answer :( booooo[​IMG]

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sussex have white legs, don't they? I'm leaning toward Welsummer.

10. captainmommy3

Feb 26, 2012
    just in!!! this is a picture of an easter egger look at the legs! and the banded eye and stripes! maybe im wishful thinking but this looks pretty darn close!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by