Whats this guy

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RonnieAtkeson, Feb 11, 2009.

1. RonnieAtkeson

RonnieAtkeson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Bought him about 2 months back, gonna cross him on some mixed hens to have some free range tick fighters, is he an oegb?
    Also what would you call his colour pattern, his breast are like a grey/blue not black.
    [​IMG]

2. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    Yup...looks OEGB...probably a blue breasted red...probably hatchery stock from size and color

Just wanted to add...cool bird...I am starting to go away from my SQ birds cuz I like the variety! I am so bad

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  3. sandypaws

sandypaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    yeah.. blue breasted OEGB... pretty little guy

4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    What about blue wheaton?

5. RonnieAtkeson

RonnieAtkeson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Thanks guys, you confirmed my suspicions. I didnt realy care what he was, my daughter just pointed and said " I want him!" so i had to buy him. There was a few other better looking cockerals but i gave her the choice. The where difrent colours and breeds though. Like i said he is just gonna be the daddy to some mutts running aorund here, i love the variety running around eating bugs. Its a beutiful thing to me [​IMG] If my cochin in the background would start to lay id like him to knock her up also.

6. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    You might be right about the wheaton part Monkeypoop....[​IMG] I called you monkeypoop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by