What's this my rooster doing?

SillyChick

Songster
12 Years
Dec 15, 2007
Hello

I went to the backyard this morning to let the chickens out for free-range time. While I was watching over them, my young RIR roo came near me, then walking around me in circles, while dragging his wings low on his sides. What's he doing? He only does that when he is about to sit down, but now he's doing it the whole morning. It's like he's showing off. What do you think? Is he trying to impress my young RIR hen Laura, or is trying to tell me something?

Thanks in advance!

OMG! I better run!
ep.gif

Thanks for the reply. But I was curious; why do you think he's trying to impress me? I don't give him special attention or such. Just give feed and water, stir up the coop bedding, give him a little pat every once in a while.... I think he hates me! When free-range time is over and it's time to go back in the coop, I chase him so bad that I sometimes hurt him. Not trying to be rude! But......do you think there's another cause?
hmm.png
Thanks again!

He is including you in HIS flock. When mine did that I went after him and went around him...I am sure it was a sight to behold...and acted like I was claiming him. He doesn't do that anymore. I sure didn't want to be spurred...or worse
th.gif
from him.
lau.gif

OMG! I don't want to be a chicken and live in the coop!
th.gif

It's very happy to hear. They just grow so fast!
hit.gif
He's 5 months old. I'll give him a treat. Can't wait to see him mate with my hens. Thank you very much for all the replies! Quite scary though....
smile.png

lau.gif

Last edited:
Spring is coming and all young mens imaginations turns to flights of fancy,,,,and you are his fancy......
gig.gif

Run for the hills, run for the hills,,,,

Back
Top Bottom